CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Goodbye


The one thing I hate the most is saying goodbye. It's never been easy for me. I mean, how do you approach the concept of goodbye? Goodbyes are all different. Some are for a day, some are for a month. But others are forever. And the concept of forever is hard to accept. It's like, hey, I'm never going to see you again, goodbye. It doesn't feel complete. But I think that's what goodbyes are. They're incomplete and you honestly  don't know how long the goodbye will last. It's a part of life. A part of life I could do without.
 
 
" If you had known earlier, maybe you would've said better goodbyes. But then again, if you knew, you might not be able to let go." 
-Violetta Westwick

Condolences to those who lost their child, relative, friend or whoever that person was in your life. I don't even know why it's affecting me so much -though I think it's even affecting those who didn't know them- , but I guess that it is because it hit so close to home -not that literally.
It's been lingering, no, it's been haunting my thoughts. I've been thinking about the meaning of death and everything, and yes, unlike most, I've come to answers.
They are now back in the arms of Mother Nature, the Universe, their creator, God or what you may like to think of that as.

But I think that we should wish them the best in their next trip, and move on. We still have our lives to live. I'm not saying that we forget them. I'm saying that we keep those memories of them and we should start doing what we have to do for us too. We can't just let death take over our lives, or we will soon be all sick and dead too.
Keep the happy memories.
And just because someone died, it doesn't mean that we can't laugh, doesn't mean that we're not suppose to laugh anymore. We need humour too.

Finally, here's a little something:
" Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love."
-Albus Dumbledore
  


ps. I knew one of those boys (who passed away) too. He was a good friend of mine in kindergarten.

0 comments: